We believe that a great customer experience starts with people.
Playvox’s category-defining quality assurance, coaching and motivational platform is delighting customers and our team is growing. We are hiring an organized and experienced Staff Accountant to help lead our next chapter of growth.
Playvox helps companies deliver a better customer experience through their contact center teams, be they centrally located, remote employees, distributed across the globe or a combination of all three. With Playvox’s innovative enterprise-class solutions our clients systematically improve the customer experience and agent skill set through quality measurement, training on new features, coaching against gaps, and by motivating agents, all on one platform.
Playvox is a well-funded, high-growth company deployed in leading brand companies globally. Our partners include Zendesk, Salesforce, Freshdesk, Intercom, among others. We are transforming the way companies of all sizes manage quality practices to deliver exceptional customer service.
About The Role
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting, analysis and reporting tasks, with a heavy emphasis on general ledger accounting including accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll accounting, revenue recognition, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidations, and month/quarter end closing.
- Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations, accruals, and other necessary adjusting journal entries for month/quarter end close in a timely manner.
- Abide by GAAP/IFRS standards and comply with company internal control and accounting policies.
- Responsible for consolidation journal entries for multi-currency entity structure.
- Assist with accounts payable process from end to end for the US entity.
- Ensure timely posting of customer deposits in the accounting system for the US entity.
- Ensure 1099 reporting is accurate and filed timely each year.
- Ensure accuracy coding to the general ledger in accordance with company policy
- Responsible for ensuring multi-state sales tax compliance and timely filing of sales tax returns.
- Manage fixed asset accounting, tracking, depreciation, and reporting.
- Monitor and assist with reporting on relevant KPIs and trends impacting key business objectives.
- Support annual audit requirements for external auditors.
- Participate in development and implementation of business process improvements and department efficiencies.
- Participate in cross-functional business projects and analysis.
- Engage in special projects and analysis as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years’ experience in an accounting/finance role
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS required
- Multi-currency accounting and consolidations exposure preferred
- CPA preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing business needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight month-end deadlines
- Well organized and proactive
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Technology experience, specifically SaaS a plus