Job Title: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting, analysis, and reporting tasks, with a heavy emphasis on payroll accounting, revenue recognition, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidations, and month/quarter-end closing.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly revenue, unbilled receivables, and deferred revenue reconciliations.
- Ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
- Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations, accruals, and other necessary adjusting journal entries for month/quarter-end close in a timely manner.
- Oversee payroll accruals and allocations, semi-monthly payroll accuracy, and compliance with US federal and state payroll tax regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring multi-state sales tax compliance and timely filing of sales tax returns.
- Abide by GAAP standards and comply with company internal control and accounting policies.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist team with process improvements and department efficiencies.
- Responsible for consolidation journal entries and preparation of consolidated income statements, balance sheet, and cash flow statements.
- Monitor and assist with reporting on relevant KPIs and trends impacting key business objectives.
- Support annual audit requirements for external auditors.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business process improvements and department efficiencies.
- Participate in cross-functional business projects and analyses.
- Engage in special projects and analysis as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in an accounting/finance role
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS
- Multi-currency accounting and consolidations exposure required
- CPA preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing business needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight month-end deadlines
- Well organized and proactive
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Technology experience, specifically SaaS a plus