ROLE DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
Playvox’s category-defining agent optimization suite for customer service teams is delighting customers around the world and our team is growing. We are hiring a data-driven, user-focused Growth Marketing Manager to scale revenue and implement user acquisition strategies.
Playvox is a well funded, high-growth company deployed in leading brand name companies globally. Our partners include Zendesk, Salesforce, Freshdesk, and Intercom among others.
At PlayVox, a Customer Support Engineer provides use-level and tech-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software issues and help our customers to resolve problems.
Customer Support Engineer responsibilities include responding to customer questions, troubleshooting technical issues, configuring customer accounts. Customer inquiries include Tier 1 user questions and Tier 2 technical questions. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple product use issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with software issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Create reporting, identify trends, and provide executive summaries of support issues to continually develop internal processes.
- Assist in creating internal and external HelpCenter content.
- Conduct customer discovery to quickly assess the root of the problem and determine best course of resolution.
- Track system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers, product)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients.
- Write scripts to solve issues and ensure they are updated with latest features
- Document support phases and keep it updated
- Prepare accurate and timely reports to share with the team
- 5-8 years experience working in support for a software company. SaaS software experience preferred.
- Resourcefulness and excellent problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Languages is mandatory. High English Language Proficiency. Portuguese Language skills a plus
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- The basic foundation of how the web works (Server, Browsers, API, protocols etc)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases, preferred MongoDB a plus.
- Knowledge in Git and Github
- Ability to manage and understand Linux Systems (Debian, Ubuntu etc)
- Knowledge in Zendesk platform a plus