About Agyle Time
Agyle Time is growing technology startup, with a workforce management product aimed at customer
service environments. We are here as a serious competitor and disrupter in the mid-market for workforce
Our customers span industries across financial services, government, retail, technology, and utilities. They
range in size from approximately 50 seats to approximately 1000, and the rapid uptake and growth means
that we are looking for great people to join us; we are a small but fast-evolving team who pull together to
produce and deliver amazing outcomes. We are looking for a like-minded person to join our dynamic
The Agyle Time product is fully cloud based, developed as a series of micro-services and leveraging the
AWS infrastructure and eco-system. Our development toolkit is constantly evolving and currently includes:
Node.js, Angularjs, Python
AWS RDS (MySQL), MongoDb, S3, Athena, DynamoDB
AWS ECS, Lambda
Buildkite, Terraform, CodeDeploy, Serverless
Role Description – Senior Engineer
You will work closely with a talented team of Engineers and Customer Success Managers within an agile
environment to deliver on a product vision to create a unique workforce management experience.
We’re open on background but what we’re looking for is experienced engineers with commercial
applications, micro-services, container orchestration and event-sourcing.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for participating in the development of product
features through all the phases of the software development cycle, working alongside the product team,
customer success team, and other senior engineers. You’ll have a strong working knowledge of several
aspects of software development, from designing, coding, testing to DevOps. You will be comfortable
working side by side with other internal stakeholders, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver
valuable working software to Agyle Time customers.
To succeed in this role you will be agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing
wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can make it even better. You are impact and
delivery driven. You’re thoughtful and pragmatic, able to make the right prioritisation decisions balancing
new technologies, opportunities for improvements, and delivery timelines. Having you around makes
As part of our engineering team, you’ll be helping us to deliver an exciting product. This role is diverse with
plenty of growth potential and the ability to learn several cross-domain skills.
You’ll join our team as a senior member and take ownership of aspects of our technology. In addition, you
Work in cross-functional product teams responsible for the discovery, delivery and validation of
Agyle Time – Job description
Bring your opinion and experience to design decisions, code reviews and building high-quality
software with automated tests and documentation
Collaborate with product managers and our customer success team to realise our product vision.
Help to build a culture of technical excellence and assist in building out the core technology
This is your opportunity to join a team near the beginning of their technology journey, with the ability to
influence the decisions we make from here. As this team continues to grow and evolve, we expect that
you’ll continue to develop your skills and eventually become part of the senior technical leadership group.
The ideal person is someone that is keen to get involved in a small, and fast paced team environment. You
will need to be prepared to dig in, and do what is required to ensure success.
● Be an advocate for dev-ops and agile ways of working
● Team focused - always looking to contribute
● Passionate, and always on the hunt for the next best tech and learnings
● Judgement - bring your knowledge and experience of complex engineering environments to
understand tradeoffs and design decisions
● You fix what’s broken. You are passionate about creating the best customer experience. You are
constantly finding ways to improve features and experiences to create a delightful product for our
● You can move at speed, demonstrating strong critical thinking to make the right decisions to rapidly
deliver the optimal outcome for the customer
● You’re straight up, possessing good communication skills
● You are hands on and pragmatic, able to identify what needs attention and looking for ways to help
the rest of the team.
● 5+ years software engineering / development experience - full stack development. Significant
● Deep passion for web technologies and an ability to evangelise to the team
● 1+ years experience mentoring / guiding software engineers / developers
● Experience working with modern, web based architectures, including REST APIs, Serverless, event
driven microservices, etc
● Experience working with APIs to perform at scale
● Cloud infrastructure experience an advantage, especially with AWS services
● Organisational and communication skills with experience encouraging a culture of collaboration
● Down-to-earth, make it happen, analytical and detail oriented with a strong drive and innovative
● Experience working closely with Design, Engineering and Business Stakeholders in an agile