Playvox’s category-defining quality assurance, coaching and motivational platform is delighting customers and the team is expanding. An exceptional Vice President of Marketing is now needed to help lead our growth.
Playvox helps companies deliver a better customer experience through their contact center teams, whether they are centrally located, remote employees, distributed across the globe or a combination of all three. With Playvox’s innovative enterprise-class solutions, clients systematically improve the customer experience and agent skill set through quality measurement, training on new features, coaching against gaps, and by motivating agents, all on one platform.
Playvox is a well-funded, high growth company deployed in leading brand companies globally. Our partners include Zendesk, Salesforce, Freshdesk, Intercom and others. Playvox transforms the way companies of all sizes manage quality practices to deliver exceptional customer service.
Enterprise customers include Google, Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook, and Airbnb
This is a role for someone who is both forward-thinking and practical. Can you build and lead a team and demonstrate marketing excellence while collaborating with sales and product in a fast-paced environment? In this role, you will lead global marketing. The market is large and so is the opportunity. www.playvox.com.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Marketing will have global responsibility for all marketing functions of the company including positioning, messaging, product marketing, demand generation, and analyst relations. The executive will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and will contribute to the overall strategic direction of the company and its products.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida. Relocation provided.
What you will be doing
- Own the message. Precisely communicate the company’s value proposition to press, customers, analysts, partners, investors and employees.
- Optimize marketing campaigns. Track and optimize the marketing mix to drive new bookings using PR, analyst coverage, digital marketing (SEO & SEM), social media, field marketing, thought leadership and other tactics to achieve market awareness and customer leads.
- Communicate progress, challenges and opportunities to meet and exceed KPIs, and goals for lead generation by channel (inbound, outbound, partner) and segment (SMB, enterprise).
- Lead product marketing. Support the sales efforts with consistent on-message materials (e.g., case studies, collateral, and presentations) about the company’s current results with customers and partners and ongoing successes as they occur.
- Adapt marketing approaches and tactics as required to accommodate differences in diverse international markets.
- Assemble a core marketing team to create the global plan and execute it within budget.
- In conjunction with senior management, think strategically about the company’s mission, product line, and business model and help paint a vision for what the company can be in the future.
- Minimum of five to ten years in marketing with three to five years of experience and success managing demand generation for a high-growth SaaS company, and at least one year managing a sales development team.
- Zendesk and/or Salesforce partner marketing experience.
- Broad experience in company branding and has previously been able to define and communicate the unique brand attributes of a company to pertinent audiences.
- Demonstrated strength in creating marketing strategy and turning that into effective marketing communication materials and demand generation success worldwide.
- Adept at thinking strategically about marketing needs and executing on the tactics of marketing deliverables.
- Hands-on experience in the latest marketing tactics for lead generation, website, SEO, social media, PR, analytics and more. This includes experience with marketing automation platforms and CRM solutions.
- Prior experience building an effective, creative, and concise marketing team.
- Prior marketing experience in call center technologies and products is highly desirable.
- Prior success in understanding differences in international markets and executing against a plan in each market.
- Start-up mentality and enthusiasm with mix of both young start-ups and larger companies is ideal.
- Experience in developing positioning and messaging for innovative new categories and product launches.
- Proven successful collaboration with other senior execs - including remote execs - in creating and achieving company goals.
- Prior experience creating - and effectively/frugally managing – the marketing budget.
- Spanish language competency is a plus.
Personal Characteristics/Cultural Fit
- You are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing
- You like to win and you play both tough and fair to get there
- You understand what it means to compete as part of a team
- You are results-minded and see how to capitalize on the diverse strengths of people around you to succeed
- Lead marketing with sleeves rolled-up. Quantitative, data and milestone-driven, and results-oriented.
- Analytical thinker – can identify what’s working and what’s not and make changes to optimize performance.
- Creative, visionary thinker; able to conceive of new ways to reach and appeal to customers and partners.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills facilitating results across internal functional areas and with external stakeholders and partners.
- A seasoned and capable leader who commands immediate respect, but also works collaboratively and in a hands-on manner with peers and junior team members. Thick-skinned with focus on the right solution, not your solution.
- Demonstrates superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Operates from a framework of mutual respect and trust; an open and transparent communicator.
- Focused. Quickly separate the mission-critical from the trivial; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
- A person of high character and ethics.
- At a minimum, Bachelor’s degree
Playvox embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.